The Mississippi Center for Public Policy is pleased to offer internship opportunities for 2022.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Internships will last approximately four months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but each intern is expected to work at least 10 weeks.
- Interns will work a part-time schedule which can be arranged to accommodate class schedules.
- Interns will be involved in virtually all aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, assisting with social media, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletter articles, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks will also be required.
- A Mississippi Center for Public Policy internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills, as well as see how a free market think tank runs. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from MCPP staff members throughout the process.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the application and the requested supporting materials. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and interviews will be conducted as applications are received.