We educate the public about the benefits of individual liberty, low taxes and light regulation. An award-winning think tank, we help turn great ideas into powerful policy solutions that make a meaningful difference in our state.
Mississippi is often ranked 50th out of 50 US states. To change that, we are focused on:
- Health care: Too many Mississippians are not getting good enough health care. To address this, we are spearheading the campaign for change. READ MORE
- Education: We believe in giving parents more choices and enabling innovation in public education. We are pushing for reform to ensure Mississippi funds students, not systems. READ MORE
- Lighter regulation: Mississippi is one of the most overregulated states in the Union. We have been at the forefront of efforts to eliminate protectionist practices in healthcare, and rules that hold back small businesses. READ MORE
- Lower taxation: If Mississippi is to prosper, we need lower taxes and less regulation. We spearheaded the campaign to abolish the state income tax, which culminated in the Mississippi Tax Freedom Act in 2022. READ MORE
- Litigation: Individual rights are protected under both the US Constitution and the Mississippi Constitution. Our litigation arm, the Mississippi Justice Institute litigates in defense of liberty and has a distinguished track record of delivering wins for the freedom movement. READ MORE
- The Long Game: If America is to remain free, the rising generation needs to understand and appreciate what makes America so exceptional. We are engaged in a hearts and minds campaign to do this. READ MORE
The Mississippi Center for Public Policy believes in accountability and transparency. We follow the highest standards in financial accountability, and we are proud to have been given the highest rating ("Platinum") from GuideStar.org.