Mississippi Center for Public Policy CEO Douglas Carswell appeared on Fox News’ The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton to discuss our major new investigative report.
You can watch the full interview and discussion of the report here:
The report has a range of interesting findings, including:
- Dozens of public officials in Mississippi are paid more than the State Governor ($122,160 per year), who does not even rank in the top fifty highest paid officials.
- Mississippi’s State Superintendent for Public Education earns $300,000 per year, making them one of the highest paid State Superintendents in America.
- Almost half the highest paid public officials listed are education bureaucrats.
- 61 State District Superintendents make more that the State Governor.
- Of the 24 School District Superintendents that feature on our list of the top highest paid public officials in Mississippi, the average salary is $175,000 – more than the Chief Justice of the State Supreme Court earns. The average annual salary of these 24 Superintendents is the approximate equivalent to:
- 5 teachers
- 4 registered nurses
- 4 State Troopers
- 4 – 5 average Mississippian workers incomes
You can read the full report here: https://mspolicy.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Fat-Cat-Report-2021-Final.pdf